Resume: H. BrightCloud
- Ph.D. program, Linguistics, University of California at Berkeley. Specializing in Native American Languages, Native Language Revitalization, the Muskogean family of languages, and particularly the Muskogee (Creek) language. Advisor: Leanne Hinton, Professor of Linguistics, 1991-96.
- M.A., Linguistics, University of California, Berkeley, Fall 1995.
- M.A., Mathematics, University of California, Berkeley, Spring, 1990.
- B.S., Mathematics w/minor in Computer Science, Honors, California State University, Stanislaus, Turlock, CA, Fall, 1987.
- A.S., Mathematics w/ minor in Computer Science, Modesto Junior College, Modesto, CA, Spring, 1985.
- California Institute of Technology, 1969 & 1974-76. Courses in Mathematics, Physics and Philosophy.
- Sand Diego State University, San Diego, National Science Foundation Summer Fellowship, 1968.
Research / Papers on Mathematics and Science:
- Manuscript: Computers in Math and Science, text in progress.
- Manuscript: Mathematics as a Language System, book in progress.
- Manuscript: Basic Mathematics and Algebra with Math Anxiety Intervention, text in progress.
- "The Significance of the Proof of Fermat's Last Theorem," lecture presented to the Emeritus College, College of Marin, Fall 1993.
- Development of facilities for testing electronic pressure sensing mechanisms, Endevco, Inc., San Juan Capistrano, CA 1977-78.
- Analysis of auditory output and behavior of Bottlenose Dolphins, with Dr. John Lilly, Malibu, CA 1975-77.
- Construction, use and study of the effects of voluntary sensory deprivation as a model of meditation practice, with Dr. John Lilly, Malibu, CA 1975-77.
- Analysis of molecular level growth responses to heat, light and gravitation in single-celled organisms, with Max Delbruck, Nobel Laureate, C.I.T., Pasadena, CA 1975-76.
- Determination of cause of long term breakdown of integrated circuits on the Viking Jupiter Probe, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Altadena, CA 1974.
Research / Papers on Native American Language.
- Manuscript: Our World; Learning the Muskogee Language, text in progress.
- Manuscript: Languages, Linguistics, Linguacide, and Native Language Revitalization; Reflection of a Native American linguist, paper in progress.
- "Endangered Languages and their Revitalization," lecture presented to the Emeritus College, College of Marin, June, 1997.
- "Native American Languages, Linguistics and Enlightenment," lecture presented to College of Marin faculty, January 1997.
- Linguistics/Educational Fieldwork: development and writing of bilingual texts of Muskogee/English.
[ Home | The North American
Indian | Edward S. Curtis Gallery | Text
Excerpts of E.S. Curtis ]
[ Biography | Gallery Director | Tribal
Location Map | Search | Email ]
Copyright 2000-2014 Edward S. Curtis Gallery
Site maintenance by
Terisa McLaughlin &
Enjoy a quick tour of the
Edward S. Curtis Gallery.
edward s. curtis, edward curtis, curtis, photography, north american indian, photogravure, e.s. curtis, native american, nez perces, photos, for purchase, for sale